Quizmaster Trivia: Compete in a friendly, outdoor trivia contest (indoors if it rains) on Wednesday June 28th from 7 to 9 p.m. at The Landing at Hoyt Park and Pool, 1800 N. Swan Blvd ... See MoreSee Less
Upcoming street closures:
Phase 3 construction is in full gear and is hitting all timelines on construction milestones.
The closures to announce are the following:
State St. between Wauwatosa Ave. and Harmonee Ave. will close for ONE week (June 21st - June 28th) to address two critical elements:
1) The beginning of the final intersection improvements at Wauwatosa and State will be done that week. This requires closure of the road to complete this in a timely fashion.
2) The "dip" at Underwood/State will be addressed while still forcing cars to slow into the intersection/core of the Village.
3) The "loop" and parking on Harwood and Underwood will remain OPEN during this work. Also, Harwood southbound traffic will be able to go east to public parking spaces.
4) Traffic will be detoured around the closure on Wauwatosa Ave. and Harmonee Ave.
Starting July 5th, Wauwatosa Ave. between Blanchard St. parking lots and Harmonee Ave. will be closed until LABOR DAY!
1) The closure will allow the most expeditious timeline for completion of this section of the project. Keeping a lane or two open during this work would have cost us weeks of delays in finishing the project.
2) At all times, Harwood Ave., south of Tosa Ave., will have access either via the existing road in front of Baskin Robbins OR the new punch thru of Harwood at Tosa Ave.
3) At all times, parking access to Blanchard St. lots will remain OPEN and accessed from State St. or Blanchard St.
Let us know if you have any questions on these closures and how to get around, park, etc.